USCIS to Issue Combined EAD & AP Document to Adjustment of Status Applicants

Posted by on Feb 13, 2011 in Immigration Topics | 0 comments

February 2011 – The U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that it is now issuing employment authorization (EAD) and travel authorization (advance parole or “AP”) on a single card for certain applicants filing an I-485, Application to Adjust Status. The new card looks similar to the current EAD but will include text that reads, “Serves a I-512 Advance Parole”. A card issued with this text will serve as both employment authorization and advance parole document.

To receive this card, the applicant must file an Application for Employment Authorization (I-765) and an Application for Travel Document (I-131) concurrently with or after filing form I-485. USCIS will continue to issue separate EAD and AP documents as needed. Employers may accept the new card as a List A document when completing the Employment Eligibility Verification, Form I-9.

Please contact our office if you have any questions about this posting.